Countdown to Vietnam: Part 3
12:40 PM | Author: Dan Berlin
One final day remains before I begin my journey... a journey with a presently unknown destination!

Wednesday at 9am ET, I will depart from JFK International Airport destined for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. My original plan was to spend 3 weeks in Vietnam, but as is customary for all things in life, plans can change. In my case, there is a chance that I will be cutting my vacation short to travel to Singapore, where I'll be expected to help manage a large software project for an undetermined amount of time.

So here's the plan so far...

After spending the lunar new year with my financee's family in HCM, I will be preparing for my engagement ceremony on February 2nd. We have planned a wonderful trip to Da Lat and Nha Trang after that to take photos and video for our wedding album.

After that my plans get a little fuzzy, but bear with me as I share what the future holds in store for me.
|
This entry was posted on 12:40 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On January 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM , Janice said...

What a happy coincidence that you should begin this new and hopeful chapter as we, as a country, begin ours. I so wish I could be in Vietnam with you and Hien over these next few fun weeks, so will try to comfort myself instead with the knowledge that I can follow your journey here, and the expectation that I will instead share the wedding festivities to come. I look forward to seeing you here at your blog, and via Skype and the new webcam you installed for me. To be sure, though, they'll be no substitute for your easy and frequent company in Gotham. Good luck on your adventure. I'll miss you immensely. Love,
Janny

 
On January 22, 2009 at 12:57 PM , mojo said...

As we get older, you never cease to impress me with your successes and determination im very glad for all the great new things that are going on in your life. Im proud to call you my Best man and Brother. Tell your finance Im much looking forward to meeting her!

 
On January 22, 2009 at 2:15 PM , Dan Berlin said...

Thanks guys! I'm in the Hong Kong airport now, feeling quite tired at the moment, but the flight was good and went by quickly.

I'll be getting some video of me coming off the plane and meeting Hien, so I'll try to get that posted online in a timely fashion.

:-)

 
On January 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM , Janny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On January 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM , Janice said...

Yippee! So glad you're almost there (I'd hoped you'd check in from HK.) ;-) Looking forward to that video--and many other post/uploads!

 
On January 31, 2009 at 11:49 PM , Anonymous said...

Iam just way too verklempt to post. You look, sound and ARE happy....That is the ultimate parayer of a mother!!!!! MOM