Wanna stretch out? Take a seat!
6:16 PM | Author: Dan Berlin
One thing that I've noticed about being here in Vietnam is how incredibly inflexible and awkward I am compared to everyone else!

Now I don't say that lightly! I make it a point to stretch regularly, but my history of squishy beds, comfy chairs, and general upright behavior puts me at a severe disadvantage in a place where hard tiled floor is considered the most appropriate place for a group of people to take a seat and hang out, or even take a nap.

So if you feel like you want to increase your flexibility, my advice is to just take a seat on the floor!
|
This entry was posted on 6:16 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On January 31, 2009 at 10:08 PM , nstein2456 said...

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay in posting, having a bit of difficulty...grrr..anyway, things really seem to be taking shape for you, Singapore, how fabulous, you and Hein look so happy in the photos, I'm so happy for you. It would be diffucult for me to sit on the floor too, are you getting used to it? Looking forward to hearing more.
Love,
Nance

 
On February 1, 2009 at 4:52 AM , Anonymous said...

Your spine never did flex as much as most people.....however your mind makes up for it!!!!!HAH!
Ma

 
On February 2, 2009 at 5:53 AM , Janice said...

Loved the pix, Dan, and hoping you get some good ones tomorrow (today, for you!) of the engagement ceremony. Tell Bobby he'd better be fast and frequent on that shutter because, if he's not, I will hunt him down!

I'm among those who prefer sitting on the floor, not that that fact will ever help me master the art of the Asian squat-sit. You should have taken that yoga book I gave you!

It's going to be an exciting week and then an exciting transition to Singapore next weekend. Good luck and, most important, have fun!