Getting accustomed to the local bacteria
12:51 PM | Author: Dan Berlin
Since I've landed in Vietnam, I've been subjected to a whole slew of foreign bacteria that has left me with a stuffy nose, headache, and various other problems. Just as I thought I was getting everything cleared up, I got hit with the worst of the bunch!

The night before the engagement ceremony, I came down with, by my estimation, a fever of about 103 and a sore throat enough to prevent consumption of normal food. I made it fine through the engagement ceremony with the help of some ibuprofen, but didn't get my hands on antibiotics in time to make the trip to take our wedding photos. :-(

I'm hugely disappointed that we won't be able to make the trip, I was really looking forward to it, but as other people are starting to come down with sicknesses, as well, I think it's for the best. We'll just have to find some time later this year to make the trip, which won't be a problem at all.

Since I begin work in Singapore next Monday, it's good that I will be nice and rested!

So here are some photos from the ceremony. The people I trust most to use my camera to shoot video and photos were involved in the ceremony, so all the photos and videos are from the professional photo and videographers that were hired to capture the event. I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on any video, but I'll do my best!





















|
This entry was posted on 12:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On February 4, 2009 at 7:37 AM , Janice said...

hi dan! i really enjoyed seeing these photos and am so disappointed we couldn't be there. hien looks beautiful, of course, and you look so happy. :) (if a tad pale--poor sick you. what a bummer!) :( too bad you weren't able to go away for the wedding photos. at the same time, now that you'll be in singapore, there's not the same urgency to get them done on this trip, so better that you just stay put and rested and well. take good care of yourself. love to hien and her family. (what's with bobby's weird headdress in those photos?) ;)

 
On February 4, 2009 at 6:35 PM , Dan Berlin said...

Hehe, that's not a headress, although it looks like it! It's actually the flowers from the archway behind us. I'm surprised that the pictures turned out so well considering my extreme fever and fatigue at the time, but everything worked out for the best.

 
On February 4, 2009 at 8:27 PM , Janice said...

"Hehe, that's not a headress..."
Yes, I knew that--was just joking" ;) I'd love to read more detail about the engagement ceremony, the order of things, gifts, tea ceremony...the RING! :)

 
On February 7, 2009 at 5:26 AM , Anonymous said...

Hey Dan & Hien
Those are some nice pix. You two look so happy.
Sorry to hear about the sickness, hope you are feeling better. Sounds like the job is going to be a big time. Hope to see you in Florida.
I am looking forward to meeting Hien. She is a good looking Lady, You and Her make a great looking couple. Live Life One Day at a time.

Take Care

Darren

 
On February 8, 2009 at 7:13 AM , Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Hein is an absolute PRINCESS. I can hardly believe how beautiful she is!!!!! You guys look so happy. I checked the blog while at work and burst into tears of joy!! My whole office was looking at them!!! I love you both so very much! HOW EXCITING!!!!! Love, Ma