No Music Video, Just Frogs and Bats!
7:09 PM | Author: Dan Berlin
I'm sorry I wasn't able to get my music video posted! :-( The guy that helped us make it has been unavailable on a trip for work, so we haven't been able to get our hands on it. I'll post it as soon as I can, though.

Oh well, you will just have to settle for some photos from the last trip to Geylang for some delicious claypot frog! It's a Singapore specialty, check it out:

The signage for the restaurant, it's open outdoor seating!


Rice porridge to go with the spicy frog.


Mmmm, that sauce is sooo good!


A shot of everything together.




The frog is really delicious, and Hien has tried to recreate the recipe a few times since then. Both attempts have been tasty, but no luck getting the exact sauce down, if anyone has any suggestions for how to make that dark sauce, let me know!

On a different note, we checked out the Night Safari the other day! It was an amazing experience, and I wish I had some better photos or videos from it, but being a NIGHT safari and all, we didn't really get a lot of footage. Flash photography was not allowed, and I didn't have a nightshot camera with me. Nonetheless, I do have a few photos from my friend's camera, I'll post any good ones I can find when I get copies.

I will say that one of the coolest exhibits there was a walk through bat "cave" where they have a ton of all different kinds of bats of all sizes, flying around you as you walk through. It was pretty exhilarating to see this giant bat swoop overhead in a small dark space!

Just as we arrived and before it got fully dark we caught a fire breathing performance at the main entrance area to get "warmed" up for the journey. Here's a video I took with my phone from that:
This entry was posted on 7:09 PM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On June 27, 2009 at 6:32 AM , Anonymous said...

Hey, how long has this been here?! (Hmmm...so much for my feed subscription skills.) The claypot frog looks interesting. The rice porridge looks like cream of rice. What's it flavored with? Glad you guys are enjoying Singapore's offerings. Would love to see some pix of you both. Love, Janny

 
On July 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM , Dan Berlin said...

It's just flavored with ginger, salt, and pepper. Quite plain, but really good when you mix in some of the flavorful frog sauce.